Thursday, January 1, 2009

All is quiet on New Year's Day


So, Happy New Year!! I have spent this day almost entirely in bed. Not only did I have too much fun last night, I caught a tummy flu bug from my friend's little girl who I babysat yesterday! Wah! And so, I have done much sleeping and TV-watching today to recover. I watched more Planet Earth DVD's, and then while I ate some food (finally) I watched Jeopardy and then the Simpsons. I was thinking of putting in another DVD, but I decided to just watch a little bit of a TV show that I have never seen before. It's called "The Big Bang Theory" and the subject dealt with a character who gets way too hooked on online-gaming. Not only was there a line drawing of a chimpanzee in the opening credit animation (this image I found is pretty close), but when one character was describing the "symptoms" of the online-gaming-addicted other character, she said (and I paraphrase), "Oh, yeah, she's got that multi-user monkey on her back for sure."
There you have it! It's going to be an excellent year, I can feel it! despite this crappy, rainy, sicky first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment