Saturday, February 21, 2009

do monkeys dream of electric cats?


I had a sort-of, kind-of monkey sighting yesterday, but I went out dancing last nite and didn't get a chance to post it. I had gone to visit my friend at his gallery office, and he was watching a dvd on his computer of some animation. He froze the screen on this, an ape-like creature being pounced on ? by a dinosaur. He said it was about evolution.

After I got home from dancing, which was bery bery late, I floated off into a weirdo dream in which I hadn't gone to bed but had actually plopped on the couch to watch a music video. It was very lifelike. The video was the song "In God's Country" by U2 which I had heard earlier in the day on the radio. While I was watching it, my housemate, who usually stays out way later than me, came stumbling in himself from a night of revelry, and there were people with him including my friend from earlier in the day. We all began hanging out, and in the background this dreamy video was still on. I remarked on it and my housemate said "oh yeah, that's the 18-minute extended version." Then the video showed dirty children on a stubbly hillside playing with ages-old-looking sock monkeys who then began to dance around by themselves. I scrambled to try and take a picture but ended up watering a plant on top of the television and that is all I remember.

Here is an awesomely huge, very affectionate cat that was hanging out outside the bar my friends and I went to before dancing. His name is Dekum. His ear is torn. It was hard to take his picture because when I squatted down he kept mashing his head into my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment