Friday, January 23, 2009

hangin' tough



Ah, so, there was NOT ONE MONKEY yesterday. HOW DISAPPOINTING! However, tonight I was treated to some much-needed monkey fun whilst being Aunty to my wee little favoritest 2-yr old in the world. First, one of her library books featured a picture of a sock monkey in the context of holding some sort of cabinet position in a Madame President scenario. I meant to borrow the book and scan the pic tonite, but I'll have to do it tomorrow. It will explain itself. Then, before I left, I espied hanging from the metal window hinge this fine creature with MAGNETS inside the hands (aforementioned wee 2 yr old took off with the analagous tiger friend with same magnet paws).

HONESTLY, it's about time I admitted this:

Let me hereby recognize that if 1) I did not have kid friends, 2) I worked in a non-media/ad/pr/marketing/front desk job and 3) i did not watch any tv or listen to any radio and 4) lived under a rock, then, well, yes, I would probably have a lot less monkey incidents.

As it is, though. I'm still pretty convinced of my premise. Two days with no monkey out of almost a month is not a bad record. There are no other animals like monkeys and apes that make more appearances in media, language, pop culture, literature, music and just general consciousness.
.
If there IS, then by all means please tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment